Date:      Mon, 25 Mar 2002 12:25:30 -0600
From:      Mike Meyer <mwm-dated-1017512731.7e461a@mired.org>
To:        "Patrick O'Reilly" <peri@perimeter.co.za>
Cc:        "FreeBSD Question List" <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: CVSUP doc-all - now what?

In <005901c1d3d8$2e3ef880$b50d030a@patrick>, Patrick O'Reilly <peri@perimeter.co.za> typed:
> I've run CVSUP on the "doc-all" collection.  Do I need to do a "make" or
> something now?  I know this must be done when rebuilding world after
> CVSUP of "src-all", but I can't seem to find instructions on what do to
> after CVSUP of "doc-all" :(

The question was already answers, but I wanted to deal with the
implicit question about CVSUP.

All three top-level Makefiles - /usr/src, /usr/doc and /usr/ports -
have an "update" target. If you make that, it'll fetch new sources for
the project at hand, assuming you've got things set up properly. In
addition, /usr/src/Makefile can be set up to update the other two with
the same target. Documentation is in the make.conf man page, or
/etc/defaults/make.conf.

	<mike