Date:      Fri, 17 Mar 2000 18:15:04 +0100
From:      Brad Knowles <blk@skynet.be>
To:        Brett Glass <brett@lariat.org>, Terry Lambert <tlambert@primenet.com>, allenc@verinet.com (Allen Campbell)
Cc:        freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: This is stupid

At 9:24 AM -0700 2000/3/17, Brett Glass wrote:

>  The main problem with this is that it involves case-by-case
>  decisions. The FreeBSD Foundation should not be involved in
>  evaluating companies' products prior to release, because this
>  gives WC an insuperable competitive edge.

	The simple fact of the matter is that, in the business world,
when people want to license a particular trademark for use on one of
their products, they have to get the prior approval of the trademark
holder -- even if the trademark holder is a direct competitor of
theirs.

	If they want the use of the trademark badly enough, they'll live
with that fact.  If not, they'll go somewhere else.  It's that simple.

	Now, for the last time, I'm going to ask you to either decide to
live with this fact, or to go produce a Linux distribution AND SHUT
THE *FSCK* UP!!!