Date:      Thu, 19 Jun 2008 06:48:54 -0700
From:      LI Xin <delphij@delphij.net>
To:        Gaye Abdoulaye Walsimou <walsimou@walsimou.com>
Cc:        ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: why some ports still use openldap-client23?

--------------enig9D353BDA100695FB1DC309A4

Gaye Abdoulaye Walsimou wrote:
> Hello list,
> I'm just wondering why some ports are still using openldap-client23 (i.=
e=20
> pam_ldap nss_ldap) instead of openldap-client24 ?
> Is there any valid entry in make.conf to have openldap-client24 instead=
=20
> of openldap-client23?

You can set WANT_OPENLDAP_VER=3D24 in /etc/make.conf.  I have requested a=
n=20
experimental build for having 2.4 as default but that would consume some =

time.  We need to make sure that most port has their build issue=20
resolved before making the change (for most users this might not be a=20
problem, I personally run openldap 2.4 on my own servers since beginning =

of this year).

Cheers,
--=20
Xin LI <delphij@delphij.net>	http://www.delphij.net/