Date:      Sun, 24 Sep 2000 03:07:14 -0500
From:      "Jeffrey J. Mountin" <jeff-ml@mountin.net>
To:        Brad Knowles <blk@skynet.be>, "Kevin Oberman" <oberman@es.net>
Cc:        "Daniel" <dan@spot.org>, freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Relay...

At 09:25 AM 9/23/00 +0200, Brad Knowles wrote:
>At 2:04 AM -0500 2000/9/23, Jeffrey J. Mountin wrote:
>
>>  At 10:11 AM 9/22/00 -0700, Kevin Oberman wrote:
>>
>>>First, I would just specify the src-all set. Get rid of everything
>>>else unless you really don't want to update the entire source tree.
>>
>>  Sounds contradictory.
>
>         I'm with Kevin.  Following the KISS principle, unless you know
> for a fact what parts of the system you do/do not want to track, you
> should specify src-all, and let that get everything for you.

Was merely saying his sentences contradict each other.  For that matter
could say KISS can be applied to having only what you need/use and to me
the originator didn't seem to want games, kerberos, or eBones.  Let's not
split hairs. 8-)

>>  And it's missing src-sys-crypto, otherwise looks much like what I use.
>
>         I think that all the crypto stuff has been folded into src-all,
> so you shouldn't need this.  Look for posts from Kris Kennaway
> <kris@FreeBSD.ORG> a while back that discuss this.

John Polstra did the commits on 7/4 and 7/7 to be precise.  Due to
OpenSS[LH] being in the base system and some kernel changes, src-secure,
src-crypto and src-sys-crypto are all but mandatory.  I forget the details
(check the archives).  Am fairly sure you can get away with not having the
first 2, but not having the latter was a problem that bit several.

Regardless the output looks as if there was a mix of -current and -stable
code (ie the line with "Perl lib version (5.00503) doesn't match executable
version (5.006) at").  Stable doesn't have 5.006 yet.

Jeff Mountin - jeff@mountin.net
Systems/Network Administrator
FreeBSD - the power to serve