Date:      09 Aug 2000 16:24:58 -0700
From:      asami@freebsd.org (Satoshi - Ports Wraith - Asami)
To:        dan@langille.org
Cc:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: INDEX and ports not in the index

 * From: "Dan Langille" <dan@langille.org>

 * The latest version of INDEX file has just been released.  I've been
 * comparing the file contents with the ports tree.  It appears that the
 * INDEX is a snapshot taken sometime on Monday, based upon the ports
 * which aren't in the INDEX and the dates on which they were added to
 * the ports TREE.  Would that be about right?

It shouldn't be that old.  I started the cvsup at 1AM PDT this morning
(Wednesday).  I went to sleep so the actual commit wasn't done until
much later, but it shouldn't come from Monday.

 * For those interested, have a look at:
 *
 * http://freshports.org/ports-not-in-latest-index.php3
 *
 * Eventually, this page will be automatically refreshed whenever a new
 * INDEX is released.  I'm just working on the script to automate it.

You may want to just build the INDEX yourself in that case.  There
are always a few days of interval between INDEX commits, so you'll get
a much more up to date page by generating INDEX yourself.

Satoshi