Date:      Mon, 15 Apr 2002 20:15:00 +0300
From:      Giorgos Keramidas <keramida@ceid.upatras.gr>
To:        pan <pan@syix.com>
Cc:        freeBSD-questions <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Console frustrations: Scroll lock?

On 2002-04-14 14:58, pan wrote:
> > Ever heard of " | more "?
>
> or  | less
>
> I suppose that SC_HISTORY_SIZE would be, more
> or less, of interest.

SC_HISTORY_SIZE is nice, for the local console.  Another option I'm
very fond of, is the scrollback history of screen(1).  I regularly run
screen on consoles, and have set the scrollback lines to 2000 in my
.screenrc file with:

	defscrollback 2000

This has the interesting side-effect that I can view the scrollback
buffer even after I detach the screen session and come back later,
or when I detach the screen session from a console and attach it to an
xterm that I just fired up under X11.

Just my $0.02, as the saying goes :)

- Giorgos