Date:      Sat, 23 Feb 2002 11:54:17 -0600
From:      GB Clark <gclarkii@vsservices.com>
To:        dan@langille.org
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-database@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: postgresql 7.1->7.2 data import timestamp problems

On Sat, 23 Feb 2002 12:27:32 -0500
"Dan Langille" <dan@langille.org> wrote:

> Just a heads up in case anyone is planning to upgrade to postgresql 7.2.
> I've found a few problems. The major problem, which is preventing me from
> upgrading is:
>
> $ psql fp2migration < fp2migration.sql
> [snip]
> ERROR:  copy: line 2537, Bad timestamp external representation 'current'
> lost synchronization with server, resetting connection
> ^C
>
> Until I get that solved, I'll be staying on 7.1.2.  I spent several hours
> on this already and have found no solution.
>
> This is definitly a migration issue as 7.1.2 accepts the data but 7.2 does
> not.
> --
> Dan Langille
> The FreeBSD Diary - http://freebsddiary.org/ - practical examples
Dan,

This has been discussed on the PostgreSQL lists.  It has something to due with
all of the time/date changes between 7.1.? and 7.2.  Check the archives for a
cure.  But I'm willing to bet that your using current to set a timestamp to a default time/date,
right?  You might try current_timestamp() instead and make sure it is not in quotes.

I ran into a like problem after using timestamp as a field name...:)
Not good.

GB

--
GB Clark II             | Roaming FreeBSD Admin
gclarkii@VSServices.COM | General Geek