Date:      Fri, 19 Sep 2008 00:05:37 -0500
From:      David Booth <davidb@boothscientific.com>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: clamav port for 0.94 version , pls help

On Thursday 18 September 2008, Snopy Land wrote:
> Hi David,
>
> Thanks for your prompt reply.
>
> I have checked the files of "clamav-clamd" and "clamav-freshclam"
> under /usr/local/etc/rc.d.
>
> -r-xr-xr-x  1 root  wheel   722 Sep 19 11:07 clamav-freshclam
> -r-xr-xr-x  1 root  wheel   974 Sep 19 11:07 clamav-clamd
>
> The file date has been updated by today's upgrade process. However,
> the command is still using clamd and freshclam
>
> i.e. command=/usr/local/sbin/clamd    <---clamav-clamd file
> command=/usr/local/bin/freshclam    <--clamav-freshclam file
>
> So I worry that there may be some hidden problems if I run the
> "amd64-portbid-freebsd6.2-clamd" instead of "clamd"
>
> I will report this case to the admin of freebsd.org. Have you tried
> to send mail to them before? I find that
> garga@FreeBSD.org<garga@FreeBSD.org?cc=ports@FreeBSD.org&subject=Fr
>eeBSD%20Port:%20clamav-0.94_1> maintains
> the port of clamav from the port search of freebsd.org.
>
> Any other suggestions ?
>
> Thanks.

I would just rename the amd64-borbfld-freebsd6.2-<rootname> to
<rootname> and see clamav works after that.  If it does then it is
just a problem in the install part of the port which the maintainer
will probably fix after the port freeze is over. You could either
submit a pr (see http://www.freebsd.org/send-pr.html ) or shoot an
email to the maintainer.