Date:      Tue, 16 Feb 1999 02:14:03 +0000
From:      Steve Neuharth <Steveneu@visi.com>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   probs with linux_mesa.... ELF interpreter  /compat/linux/lib/ld-linux.so.1 not found

I'm trying to install the /emulators/linux_mesa port.
I just ran make world so my system is -current and running an ELF kernel
with linux_compat enabled. The installs of linux_lib, _devel and _glide
that linux_mesa depends on were installed without a hitch.

make install in /usr/ports/emulators/linux_mesa gives me.....

root /usr/ports/emulators/linux_mesa: make install
===>  Extracting for linux_mesa-2.6
>> Checksum OK for MesaLib-2.6.tar.gz.
===>   linux_mesa-2.6 depends on file:
/compat/linux/usr/lib/libglide2x.so - found
===>   linux_mesa-2.6 depends on file: /compat/linux/usr/bin/gcc - found

/bin/mkdir -p /usr/ports/emulators/linux_mesa/work/Mesa-2.6/src/../lib/
===>  Patching for linux_mesa-2.6
===>  Configuring for linux_mesa-2.6
===>  Building for linux_mesa-2.6
ELF interpreter /compat/linux/lib/ld-linux.so.1 not found
Abort trap
*** Error code 134

I know there must be an easy answer... Any help is appreciated. BTW if
anyone knows another way to get GLQuake going... let me know.