Date:      Wed, 1 May 1996 12:05:57 -0600
From:      Nate Williams <nate@sri.MT.net>
To:        tonyc@compnews.co.uk (Tony Clark)
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Toshiba T2110 portable laptop.

> Toshiba T2110 (b/w) 4MB MEM/330HD twoslot PCMCIA laptop 486/DX
                      ^^^^^^^

> After successfully installing FreeBSD 2.1.0 onto my Compaq Laptop i've been
> asked to install it on another laptop (Don't ask me why but its a very poor
> spec :) )

The 2.1R release notes state explicitly that you need at least 5MB of
memory to install 2.1R.  Once the install is completed you can remove
any additional memory over 4MB for the install, but you *need* 4MB.

However, you may be able to use one of the newer SNAP floppies which
*may* work with 4MB.  (A new SNAP is going to be rolled RSN).

Nate