Date:      Sun, 29 Sep 2002 21:45:06 -0400
From:      Randy Pratt <rpratt1950@earthlink.net>
To:        qa@freebsd.org
Subject:   4.7-RC2 linux_base version

I found that when I install 4.7-RC2 via ftp that the version
of linux_base installed is 6.1_3 and the version that is installed
from the 4.7-RC2.iso is 7.1_1 .

I looked on ftp.freebsd.org and it looks like both versions are
there but the cdrom only contains 7.1_1.  It would seem like we would
want the linux_base-7.1_1 installed regardless of installation
media.

As a side note, I was able to cajole sysinstall to do an ftp install
using PPPoE.  The approach is to choose the post-install configuration
and configure the ethernet device first, then the ppp device and bring
it up before starting the "standard" install.  There are a couple
of twists and turns involved so I'll probably put together a little
document on how this is done.  Perhaps once someone sees that, a
better method can be devised.

Randy