Date:      Tue, 2 Jun 1998 23:54:39 +0930 (CST)
From:      Kris Kennaway <kkennawa@physics.adelaide.edu.au>
To:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   removing /usr/src/sys/compile/XXX

I've noticed my compile/MORDEN kernel build directory isnt getting
blown away as it's claimed to - this has been happening for a while (my
kernel is currently:

FreeBSD 3.0-CURRENT #30: Tue May 28 01:50:31 CST 1998

as part of the regular cvsup-config-make depend all install clean
sequence. It used to only increment the build number if I rebuilt without
doing a config in the meantime. I suspect this wasnt a deliberate change:
I eventually tracked down a problem I was having building new kernels (it
was complaining about a ton of undefined vop_* symbols in vnode_if.h) to
the fact that these hadnt been regenerated properly.

More about my current problems in a followup message (it's perhaps of
more general interest).

Kris