Date:      Sat, 28 Mar 1998 09:15:02 -0800
From:      John Polstra <jdp@polstra.com>
To:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: gcc in -current still broken

I wrote:
> > I think John's patch for `as' is sufficient, but haven't checked.
>
> I think so too.  But I don't want to commit it until (a) somebody
> has reviewed it, and (b) somebody has done a make world with it and
> verified that things still seem to work after that.

By the way, anybody who can do a make world can do step (b).  I think
the most thorough test would be to apply the patch, build and install
the assembler, and then do the make world.  That way, everything will
be built using the new assembler.  Then, build a few programs and make
sure they work.  Try some floating point tests.  You get the idea.

Waiting by the phone, :-)
John