Date:      Wed, 17 Nov 1999 20:58:10 +0000
From:      Nik Clayton <nik@freebsd.org>
To:        Joe Yandle <joe@wlcg.com>
Cc:        nik@freebsd.org, Steve Price <sprice@hiwaay.net>, java@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Status of JDK for FreeBSD?

On Wed, Nov 17, 1999 at 10:02:35AM -0500, Joe Yandle wrote:
> Hi Nik,
>
> >From what I understand, you have some control over the freebsd section of
> slashdot.  I submitted an RFE to Sun asking for a supported jdk port for
> freebsd, and we're trying to get as many votes on the Java developer
> connection as possible.
>
> If you can get us some slashdot exposure, I think our chances of getting
> taken seriously by Sun will be far greater.
>
> The URL for the RFE is:
>
> http://developer.java.sun.com/developer/bugParade/bugs/4288745.html

This requires registration.  Is there a non-registration-required section
I can point people at?

If not, I can pretty much guarantee that within the first 10 posts someone
will say "OK, use <username> and <password> to access this", which might
be counter-productive if it annoys Sun.

Either way I can run the story, I just wanted to check back with you first.

    If you want to imagine the future, imagine a tennis shoe stamping
    on a penguin's face forever.
        --- with apologies to George Orwell