Date:      Sun, 20 Sep 2020 08:27:53 -0700
From:      Pete Wright <pete@nomadlogic.org>
To:        Peter <peter@aboutsupport.com>, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Offline systems

On 9/20/20 7:10 AM, Peter wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I want to setup a few servers(30+) on  intranet network and NONE(not
> even a master server or anything like that) of them having internet
> access.
>
> What is best approach so I can still install ports/packages on demand ?
>
> Try to make custom repo similar to Ubuntu/Debian ?
>
> What is your advice ?

there is a section on setting up a local cache for pkg repositories here
in the handbook:
https://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/articles/hubs/mirror-howto.html

depending on your needs you could create a local cache for your systems
based on the quarterly pkg releases.  then use sneaker net to make the
cached packages available on your private network.

alternatively you can use poudriere
(https://www.freshports.org/ports-mgmt/poudriere/) and set that up to
build your packages and serve them internally.

-pete

--
Pete Wright
pete@nomadlogic.org