Date:      Thu, 18 Feb 1999 15:36:11 +0000
From:      "Dan - Sr. Admin" <dm@globalserve.net>
To:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   paranoid patches

Greetings,

I've begun a series of patches against the 4.0-current tree that I hope you
will find helpful.  As this is my first attempt at contributing to freebsd,
I hope you will excuse any potentional ``newbie'' behaviour in the field.

I'm not sure whether or not this has already been done, but while being
relevant to you it is irrelevant to me; this was just practice anyway :-).

Basically, it is a patch into libkvm and w, that will allow a user (with
the exception to the super user, naturally) to only view processes or
information belonging to him/herself.  I'm in the process right now I've
trying to figure out how to make this an option, so if users wanted this
feature they could add

options	I_AM_A_PARANOID_GOOD

or something to that effect to the kernel config.  Of course, I'd have to
move these patches away from userland programs and into the kernel for
this to work, which is what I intend to do anyway.

Comments?

Regards,
--
Dan Moschuk (TFreak!dm@globalserve.net)