Date:      Thu, 23 Oct 2003 07:01:40 -0700
From:      Eric Kuhnke <eric@fnordsystems.com>
To:        amd64@freebsd.org
Subject:   Celestica A8440 4-CPU system & Freebsd amd64

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&oe=utf-8&safe=off&c2coff=1&q=celestica+A8440+validated+server+program&btnG=Google+Search

Celestica's A8440 is a 4U rackmount barebones platform based on AMD's 4-CPU reference design.  AMD has chosen Celestica to manufacture it for resale and relabeling by various white box server vendors.  To the best of my knowledge this system has the *only* existing 4-CPU 84x motherboard.

This is the ugly metal looking beast with four SCSI drive bays in the front, and three 500W power supplies in the rear.  The Inquirer and The Register had photos of it back in April, May and June, but I haven't heard much since.

Has anyone had a chance to play with one of these yet?  FreeBSD results?

eric@fnordsystems.com