Date:      Wed, 01 Jun 2005 15:51:51 +0200
From:      =?ISO-8859-1?Q?K=F6vesd=E1n_G=E1bor?= <security@t-hosting.hu>
To:        Jim Thompson <jim@netgate.com>
Cc:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: How to update my system

> So, what about a short discussion on the risks of ignoring the
> request to go to single-user?

As for me, I've done it only once without booting into single user mode,
but that time I could kill the whole system. It didn't boot any more.
Even not in single user mode. It was an amd64 machine, and I had stopped
almost everything, (including crond, syslogd, ..), before I made
installworld and it failed. I don't know why. I wanted to upgrade from
5.3-RELEASE to 5-STABLE.

Cheers,

Gábor