Date:      Thu, 30 Nov 1995 13:35:16 -0800
From:      Dave Truesdell <truesdel@nas.nasa.gov>
To:        hm@altona.hamburg.com
Cc:        rose@dml.com (Steve Rose), questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Cdrom changer

-- Your message was:   (from "Hellmuth Michaelis")
>From the keyboard of Steve Rose:

> I just picked up a Nakamichi MBR-7 cdrom changer.

Ok, this is the story: i own exactly the same thing and its a really
nice device. You can get it recognized at boot time by specifying
"options NEW_SCSICONF" in you kernel config file.

Under 2.0.5 the kernel panics under some circumstances described in
one or two articles on the hackers list (scan the archives), i currently
don't use it and i'm hoping for 2.1 ....

Please tell me if it doesn't panic under 2.1 anymore !

-- End of Message

I have one also.  Unfortunately, it still acts "funny" running 2.1(-stable).
In tests, (running single user) I've been able to access multiple LUN's without
any problems.  But, when I try to reboot after testing, the system panic's.
I haven't had the time to characterize the situation better than this.

T.T.F.N.,
Dave Truesdell     Wombat Wrestler/Software Packrat/NAS Newsmaster
(truesdel@nas.nasa.gov)