Date:      Thu, 10 Dec 1998 22:58:40 -0600
From:      Karl Denninger <karl@Denninger.Net>
To:        NAKAGAWA Yoshihisa <y-nakaga@nwsl.mesh.ad.jp>, Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
Cc:        jfesler@gigo.com, current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: PAO Integration?

On Fri, Dec 11, 1998 at 01:52:18PM +0900, NAKAGAWA Yoshihisa wrote:
> > Solaris 2.4 or 2.5 was the first to support soft power off, if I
> > recall correctly.  In the timeline of unix, that can hardly be called
> > "traditional." :-)
>
> On SONY NEWS old WS, NEWS-OS 4.x support power-off by "shutdown -x".
> That OS is based on 4.3BSD.
>
> At least, "halt" and "power-off" is different mean on traditional UNIX.

Uh, excuse me, but the NeXT machines were soft power-off.  Including the
first NeXT cubes.

If you can count MACH as Unix, these qualify.

Karl Denninger (karl@denninger.net) http://www.mcs.net/~karl
I ain't even *authorized* to speak for anyone other than myself, so give
up now on trying to associate my words with any particular organization.