Date:      Sun, 16 Jul 2006 18:39:11 +0200
From:      Torfinn Ingolfsen <torfinn.ingolfsen@broadpark.no>
To:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Acer Aspire AS5672 laptop - acpi problems

On Sun, 16 Jul 2006 08:33:19 -0700
Cy Schubert <Cy.Schubert@komquats.com> wrote:

> I was about to say that, actually I just fired off a note started
> last night during a change window that I failed to hit send on. to
> say that. I have an Aspire 3623NWXMi. I just posted a patch to PR
> 98171 that addresses ACER Aspire ACPI problems. The embedded

I checked that PR. I do not see any of those messages that you
see (indicating slow hardware). So I wonder how useful this patch would
be on my machine?

> Secondly, I believe that Acer uses Microsoft's ASL compiler which
> produces buggy AML. You can find fixed ASL code at
> acpi.sourceforge.net. The Intel ASL compiler, used by FreeBSD is less

I have alreafy checked; there is no ASL for Acer Aspire 5670 series
laptops there.

> forgiving of buggy code, not to mention the  ASL was probably buggy
> from the get-go. You may need to fix it or even replace it with a

I have already taken a shot at this, see my blog entry:
http://home.no.net/tingo/log2/pivot/entry.php?id=32

Unfortunately, it didn't make the bge interface attach. Probably I
haven't made the right fixes to the ASL code.

Thanks for your effort.
--
Regards,
Torfinn Ingolfsen,