Date:      Tue, 08 Oct 1996 07:58:50 -0700
From:      Paul Traina <pst@shockwave.com>
To:        Narvi <narvi@haldjas.folklore.ee>
Cc:        ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: removing old tcl/tk ports

Worse comes to worse, yep.  I'm trying to get things upgraded, but I'm
not optimistic about xcd or tkhfs.  The rest should be ok or should die
because there is other stuff out there that subsumes their functionality.

  From: Narvi <narvi@haldjas.folklore.ee>

  On Mon, 7 Oct 1996, Paul Traina wrote:

  > I'd like to remove the tcl/tk ports for all versions of tcl and all version
  > of tk < 4.1.  Speak now, or forever hold your peace.

  Hey! Wait! Does this mean - if you have got a port which was once written
  for say tk3.6 and which author does not care too much about rewriting it,
  or is lost beyond finding you will have to patch it to work with tk4.1?

  In some cases it might well mean a new version of the program...

  	Sander