Date:      Sun, 20 Jan 2002 02:01:16 -0800 (PST)
From:      Julian Elischer <julian@elischer.org>
To:        Bruce Evans <bde@zeta.org.au>
Cc:        Alfred Perlstein <bright@mu.org>, arch@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: doreti() and userret()

replying to mself again:

On Sun, 20 Jan 2002, Julian Elischer wrote:

> On Sun, 20 Jan 2002, Bruce Evans wrote:
>
> > On Sat, 19 Jan 2002, Julian Elischer wrote:
> >
> > See sys.dif.gz in ~bde on freefall.
>
> A lot of cosmetic changes there amongst the real changes..
> I notice that you are reversing people's work of gradually
> getting rid of K&R function declarations. This is opposite to what we
> are doing as a group. (converting functions to ansi declarations
> as we hit them).
And I see this change, which is also reverse of where we are going:
-       u_int32_t       en_mxcsr;       /* SSE sontorol/status register */
-       u_int32_t       en_pad2;        /* padding */
+       u_int   en_mxcsr;       /* SSE sontorol/status register */
+       u_int   en_pad2;        /* padding */

I thought that for hardware defined fields we were
using the explicit size definitions wherever possible?
(saves having to try remember which machine you are working on...
and now that there are posix defined names for these...