Date:      Thu, 29 Jun 2000 07:36:31 -0400
From:      James Housley <jim@thehousleys.net>
To:        Jason Fuller <platypus@wombat.matrixtek.net>, freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Ethernet card

Jason Fuller wrote:

> I just did an upgrade from 3.x-stable to 4-stable.  The whole process went
> over very well, and everything in my system works great, except my 3Com
> ethernet card (which worked just fine before the upgrade).  This kinda
> makes a frantic time for me, since this is my main sever AND gateway to my
> network.  I have been looking through the archives for this list and not
> finding anything that resolves my problem here.  I have tried everything I
> can think of, including making the ep0 setup in the kernel match exactly
> what it had been for 3.x.  The message I am getting is:
> ifconfig: interface ep0 does not exist

If you compile and boot the GENERIC kernel what happens?  You don't
mention the 3COM type.  It might be possible that the card is in a
different driver?  Does you dmesg show the card being detected?

Jim
--
Studies show that 1 out of every 4 Americans suffer some form of
    mental illness.  So look at your three best friends, if they