Date:      Fri, 30 Nov 2001 13:21:35 -0500
From:      Kutulu <kutulu@kutulu.org>
To:        dochawk@psu.edu
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Forcing MS mail clients not to mime [was:Email Etiquette on this list]

On Fri, Nov 30, 2001 at 01:04:03PM -0500, dochawk@psu.edu wrote:
> kutulu kalled
>
> > Thanks muchly, this is exactly what I was looking for.  I'm building vim as
> > I type this.  :)
>
> You had me paniced for a moment; I thought you were using mutt to send
> these. But your header shows Outlook Express.
>
> I don't have X running yet today (I'm on a loaner machine).  mh is
> unable read these, as it tries to launch an xterm for the mime--so I
> have to use less on the file.
>
> I don't used windows, and have never faced down outlook express or eudora.
> How do I explain to these people *how* they can stop sending messages
> in mime, or with html enabled???

Ack, sorry.  It's not HTML mail (there is a very obvious option in Outlook
Express to send mail as plain text).  But I did install a free Thawte email
key into Outlook Express, which I guess is getting attached to all my
Outlook emails.

Mutt doesn't seem to have a problem with the Outlook Express signatures,
though it can't actually read them.  They're not PGP, they are S/MIME I
beleive.  Unfortunately, Outlook can't use (or even *read*) PGP-Signed mail,
which is the primary reason I bother to telnet into my BSD machine and read
mail through a ssh session.

--K