Date:      Fri, 13 Sep 1996 11:00:47 +0200 (MET DST)
From:      Guido van Rooij <Guido.vanRooij@nl.cis.philips.com>
To:        Guido.vanRooij@nl.cis.philips.com
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: vx device broken in 21.1.5?

I just ported the current Open/NetBSD if_vx driver to FreeBSD 2.1.5 and
I am seeeing the exact same problems.

I've ben assured that these drivers do work.

What happens in FreeBSD is when vxstart() is called and there is not
enough space free in the fifos, a treshold is set so the board will
give an interrupt when the amount of free space in the fifos pass
the treshold.

Unfortunately, there is *never* one single interrupts given for this event.
It just doesn't happen. Therefor OACTIVE stays set.

Accoring to me, everything is done by the book (read: the OpenBSD driver):
RD_0_MASK and INTR_MASK both contain TX_AVAIL at the
interrupt time so TX_AVAIL should be set. I also printed the actuial free
space in the interrupts handler. It started lower then the treshold and
ended higher but there was *no* interrupt given where the status had the
TX_AVAIL flag set.

Any hints?

-Guido