Date:      Wed, 23 Apr 1997 00:47:23 +0200 (MET DST)
From:      Joachim Kuebart <joa@kuebart.stuttgart.netsurf.de>
To:        Hendra Sentono <hendra@unix.ukdw.ac.id>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   RE: Creating BSD and XFree86 clients for DOS

Hi!

I was using a x server and window manager for win95:

There's a free trial version (crippleware, though -- it runs for two hours,
then shuts down and needs to be restarted) called xwin32 available from
www.winsite.com. At www.starnet.com you can buy it :-( 200.00 US$

Apart from the price it's really nice!

c u Jo

On 21-Apr-97 Hendra Sentono wrote:
>Our BSD machine use 2.1.5R with XFree86 3.1.2. Currently it is
>configured as name server and proxy server (with squid 1.0.0)
>We use win95 (with appropriate browser) for the clients and use
>the BSD machine as http and ftp proxy.
>
>In this time, our XFree86 can just be executed locally from the
>BSD-machine. We wonder if there are any DOS clients to be installed
>so that the DOS-machine can be connected as BSD clients (incl.
>the capability to run XFree86 - we also use netscape for xfree86).
>
>Any suggestions about BSD/Xfree clients for DOS? We prefer to use
>non-commercial software because we are currently in development and
>we're not gonna use it commercially.

>Hendra Sentono
>hendra@students.ukdw.ac.id
>
>Duta Wacana Christian University, Yogyakarta, Indonesia.
>homepage= http://www.ukdw.ac.id

FreeBSD                                        <http://www.freebsd.org>;
Top breeders recommend it

Joachim Kuebart                                      <joa@delos.lf.net>
<joa@stuttgart.netsurf.de>          <joki@kuebart.stuttgart.netsurf.de>
Germany                                             Tel: +49 711 653706