Date:      Wed, 10 Dec 1997 13:11:00 -0800 (PST)
From:      "J. Weatherbee - Senior Systems Architect" <jamil@acroal.com>
To:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Why so many steps to build new kernel?

I was just thinking about this.  I've been playing around with cgic lately
and I think it would be hilarious to have the kernel configuration on the
local web server (password protected of course).  I saw an article the
other day about windows 98 (not that I really care what MS is doing), but
apparently they are going web browser-centric, certainly that is pushing
it, but I was thinking how easy it might be set up something like this.
I only considered it because I have decided to rewrite the interface for a
particular software package I worked on last summer to have a significant
portion of its interface web-able.  This is less because I really want to
a more because *I HATE* designing X interfaces and this way I can have
someone else do it.  Plus windows can be a client to the server process
(if it was up to me people would just telnet into the server port and use
it that way).