Date:      Fri, 28 Aug 2020 06:43:19 -0400
From:      Jerry <jerry@seibercom.net>
To:        "User Questions" <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: dual boot win10 and FreeBSD

--Sig_/7tc4eli7=NubJg_KJj9k4fm

On Wed, 26 Aug 2020 00:27:04 -0400, Aryeh Friedman stated:
>I have a working FreeBSD machine (that needs to stay working wo/ any
>reinstalls) and want to add Windows 10 on a second SSD to the setup.
>What is the safest way to set this up for dual boot (starting with
>installing Windows).

A friend of mine said that he has use the follow method himself. This
is totally untested by me.

You want to make sure all other drives that are attached are unplugged.
Then attach the drive you want to install windows on. Then install
windows on it using the MCT from MS. Once that drive is up and running
correctly. Then power off and reattach all other drives. Then when you
boot up....use F12 to select boot drive.

YMMV

--=20
Jerry