Date:      Wed, 28 Jul 1999 14:46:06 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Andrej Brodnik (Andy) <brodnik@IBC.IskraSistemi.Si>
To:        brian@FreeBSD.org.uk (Brian Somers)
Subject:   Re: sPPP, RAS, MD5, CHAP, ISDN, FreeBSD and WinNT

Hi Brian,

thanx for the pointer! Next, please excuse my ignorance and the lack of
practice with the SW maintenance. Now, if you don't mind, I'd like to ask
for some more help (I'm not really into patching/hacking the kernel).

In one of the files it is mentioned that the i4b code version must be 0.81.1.,
while on my system it says in the file /usr/src/share/examples/isdn/README
that I have version 0.70.00. On the other hand, I picked version 0.82.0-beta
(from the URL you mentioned) -- can I use this one to replace the version I
have?

Also, how do I apply the patch (I guess pppcommit.patch)?

After the proper i4b is installed I need to recompile the kernel, right?

Thanx in advance for answers!

> Subject: Re: sPPP, RAS, MD5, CHAP, ISDN, FreeBSD and WinNT
> Date: Wed, 28 Jul 1999 12:44:51 +0100
> From: Brian Somers <brian@FreeBSD.org.uk>

> s/sPPP/user-ppp/
>
> Have a look at ftp://ftp.Awfulhak.org/pub/PPPoISDN/ for the patches
> that'll be committed to -current soon.

	[ ... ]

> > PS: BTW, where are these FAQs Gary is writing about?
>
> Probably with the i4b archive at the above URL.

Yep -- it's there. Thanx!

LPA