Date:      Fri, 25 Oct 1996 14:28:45 -0300
From:      Harlan Stenn <Harlan.Stenn@pfcs.com>
To:        current@freebsd.org, smp@freebsd.org
Subject:   PIC+EISA Recommendations?

Since this is a topic of discussion...

I'm about to pick up a Photon video card so I can use one of my Sony
single-sync monitors with FreeBSD.

The 4M PCI Photon card is only $45 more than the 2M ISA Photon card, so
I'd rather get the PCI version.

I have an 486/90 EISA machine with an AHA 1742, and I'd rather not waste
that controller if it's cost-effective to move it to a new machine.

So is there a good single or dual P[56] or P{5,6} CPU motherboard that
has both PCI and EISA?

Or should I just leave my 486/90 box alone and get a straight PCI
motherboard?

Thanks...