Date:      Fri, 10 Oct 2008 14:29:37 -0300
From:      JoaoBR <joao@matik.com.br>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org, freebsd-amd64@freebsd.org
Subject:   am2 MBs - 4g + SCSI wipes out root partition

I get a problem on several am2 motherboards when an SCSI Adaptor (LSI or=20
Adaptec) is installed and with 4Gigs of Ram

the problem is easy to repeat, after some minutes compiling world the machi=
ne=20
crashes, sometimes a panic mmap ffs crossrefeerence or something, passes to=
o=20
fast to look an when the machine comes back often the complete root partiti=
on=20
is gone or if not it needs manual fsck and mostly /dev references are gone =
or=20
other important parts so the disk isn't bootable anymore

funny is (for me) that the other partitions are ok ever and only root is=20
fucked ever

I tried MBs as Asus, Abit and Gigabyte all same result

Same hardware with SATA works perfect

Same hardware with scsi up to 3.5Gigs installed works perfect

what calls my attention that all this MBs do not have the memroy hole=20
remapping feature so the complete 4gigs are available what normally was not=
=20
the case with amd64 Mbs for the Athlon 64 CPUs

some has an opinion if this is a freebsd issue or MB falure or scsi drv=20
problem?

Gigabyte support tips a driver problem and no MB issue. Other manufactures=
=20
don't answer.

regarding the SCSI I tried the LSI U320, Adaptec U320 and Adaptec Raid SCSI=
=20
(aacd) and all of them give me the same problem

=2D-=20

Jo=E3o