Date:      Tue, 24 Aug 2004 13:56:21 -0500
From:      Stephen Montgomery-Smith <stephen@math.missouri.edu>
To:        ports@freebsd.org, Lars.Koeller@Uni-Bielefeld.DE
Subject:   single precision fftw wanted

Dear Lars and ports,

I am interested in creating a port for gromacs (http://www.gromacs.org)
and it requires fftw built using single precision.  The super-easy way
is to create a port sfftw which is a copy of fftw with a line like
CONFIGURE_ARGS+=        --enable-float --enable-type-prefix
added in.  Or I could add some kind of option to fftw.  Anyway, since
Lars is the maintainer of fftw I would like to coordinate with him about
it.  And I am copying this to ports as well just in case anyone else has
suggestions.

Best, Stephen