Date:      Thu, 09 Jan 1997 15:04:47 -0800
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
To:        joerg_wunsch@uriah.heep.sax.de (Joerg Wunsch)
Cc:        mrcpu@cdsnet.net (Jaye Mathisen), hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: 2.2-BETA install report, minor problems.

> Remember that tzsetup is a standalone program normally.  The `copied'
> message is to make it clear that /etc/localtime is indeed a separate
> copy now, so e.g. it won't be updated next time your /usr/share files
> are renewed.  This is the default.  The opposite is to create a
> symlink into /usr/share/zoneinfo/.  tzsetup will do this if the
> existing /etc/localtime happened to be a symlink already, and will
> announce it then.

Nonetheless, I don't think it should do this in the case where it's
run from init (sysinstall) or possibly when there's no existing
file there at all, e.g. the first time (I like that better).

I agree that the extra message is just noise and it irked me when
I first encountered the change myself.

						Jordan