Date:      Wed, 18 Nov 2015 18:53:47 -0700 (MST)
From:      Warren Block <wblock@wonkity.com>
To:        Dongseob Park <dongseob.park@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-doc@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: How to submit translated document

On Thu, 19 Nov 2015, Dongseob Park wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I'm new to FreeBSD and now I'm working as an software engineer in Korea
>
> Although I'm not good at FreeBSD but I think I can translate some of
> documents like Developer's Handbook.

Excellent!

> I already read some document and 'who we are' and 'Submitting
> documentation' but I have some questions about translated document.

There is more specific information about the new PO translation system
at
https://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/fdp-primer/po-translations.html

> *1. Do I have to work based on HEAD branch?*
>    -> Just I want to know some rules. If there're fixed rule, then I'd
> like to start with HEAD.

We generally do not branch documentation, so yes, that is correct.

> *2. How do I find reviewer and receive comments?*
>    -> I found some websites and community but there're very few korean
> users available. Many of you guy's second language may not be korean. If
> there's no korean reviewer, then how do I submit my translation?

Normally, we would hope to have a translation team for each language,
who would review and commit new translations.  However, our Korean
documents are very new, so there are very few people to review them.

The best approach for now is to submit a bug at
https://bugs.freebsd.org/bugzilla/ or create a new review at
https://reviews.freebsd.org/

Normally, I would suggest adding a translation team as a reviewer, but
we do not yet have a Korean translation team.  So for now, please add
me, wblock, to such reviews.

After that, please post a notice to the freebsd-translators mailing
list, http://lists.freebsd.org/mailman/listinfo/freebsd-translators

Please ask questions where any of this is unclear.  The PO translation
system and the documentation for it are both new and feedback will help
to improve them.

Thanks!