Date:      Tue, 6 Feb 2001 22:22:09 +1300
From:      "Dan Langille" <dan@langille.org>
To:        freebsd-chat@freebsd.org
Subject:   laptops - perhaps DELL

I lusted over Murray Stokely's laptop at BSDCon 2000.   He loaned it to
me so I could convert my FreshPorts presentation from PowerPoint to,
ummm, whatever it was that came with Star Office.  It was a fine looking
screen and seemed quite solid.  Murray just pointed me at:

<http://www.dell.com/us/en/dhs/offers/specials_3x_special09.htm>;

where the $2049 price tag for a 700MHz processor, 128MB ram, 10GB
disk and a 15" screen looks pretty good to me.  I don't think I'll need
that MS Works bundle, so I'm sure I'll get a hefty discount (not) if they
take that off.  Do they preinstall?  Actually, I'd be inclined to install
myself.... There's something about knowing exactly what's on the box
that gives me a better feeling.

Any opinions?  Any contacts at DELL?

--
Dan Langille