Date:      Mon, 1 Jun 1998 22:38:41 -0600
From:      "Jeorge Hasselbrink" <jeorgeh@bewellnet.com>
To:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   H e l l l l l l l l p p p p p

Hi!!  Im a newbie so please dont be too harsh

Ive installed free BSD on my Windows 95 on a second hard drive totaly
dedicated to the BSD file system.  The instilation compleats and then
reboots.  The boot manager works just fine and starts to run the kernal.
everything goes along fine and then it says

panic cannot mount root

I hope its something simple, but ive looked through the book on the cd and
can't find anything (if it were a snake it would probably bite me) any help
would be greatly appriciated.  Thanks in advance

jeorgeh@bigfoot.com  or
jeorgeh@bewellnet.com