Date:      Sat, 24 Jan 2004 13:38:37 -0500 (EST)
From:      Robert Watson <rwatson@freebsd.org>
To:        Max Laier <max@love2party.net>
Cc:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: XL driver checksum producing corrupted but checksum-correct packets

On Sat, 24 Jan 2004, Max Laier wrote:

> On Saturday 24 January 2004 17:06, Robert Watson wrote:
> > On Fri, 23 Jan 2004, Matthew Dillon wrote:
> > >     I tracked down an occassional buildworld failure on DragonFly to
> > > my XL driver, which is synchronized to 4.x's XL driver.
>
> FYI: This was reproduced on OpenBSD as well (w/ ftp and scp):
> http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=openbsd-tech&m=107494884327698&w=2

Two thoughts on other things to try, with that in mind:

(1) Linux on the same hardware, see if whatever set of XL workarounds they
    have addresses this specific problem.

(2) Try the NDIS driver with the NDIS-u-lator on FreeBSD 5.x and see if
    that also has the problem.

robert@fledge.watson.org      Senior Research Scientist, McAfee Research