Date:      Sun, 8 Aug 1999 21:49:41 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Jay Kuri <jay@oneway.com>
To:        Kazutaka YOKOTA <yokota@zodiac.mech.utsunomiya-u.ac.jp>
Cc:        freebsd-small@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Access to keyboard without video.

> In FreeBSD version 3.1 or later, the keyboard controller atkbdc(4) and
> AT keyboard driver atkbd(4) will give you access to the keyboard even
> when there is no video card.
	Thanks,  I read the source and found the CDEV stuff... I had to
disable the sc0 device to get access to it.  and then I had to hack
kbdcontrol to open /dev/kbd0 instead of stdin (which is what it currently
does)

	Shouldn't you be able to specify the kbd you want to control with
kbdcontrol?   Maybe default to stdin.. but allow access to the keyboard
device as specified?

Jay