Date:      Mon, 2 Aug 2004 18:04:14 +0800
From:      "Edwin D. Vinas" <edwinv@asti.dost.gov.ph>
To:        Matthew Seaman <m.seaman@infracaninophile.co.uk>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Can't file transfer via Bluetooth in FreeBSD

On Monday 02 August 2004 03:40 pm, you wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 02, 2004 at 01:21:31PM +0800, Edwin D. Vinas wrote:
> > I was able to pair my Nokia 3660 with my FreeBSD-5.2 which has an MSI
> > bluetooth dongle. I was able to discover other devices, and execute other
> > built-in commands such as hccontrol, l2ping, l2control, sdptool  etc.
> > But, I noticed that the the basic file transfer called OBEX was not yet
> > incorporated in the FreeBSD-5.2 and that I have to install an openobex or
> > something. I have succesfully installed openobex from sourceforge, but it
> > doesn't have the "obexapp" command. The i tried installing the "obexapp"
> > from sourceforge too. The problem is that I cant install it.
> >
> > tar -zxvf obexapp-1.2.tar.gz
> > (extracts two directories openobex-1.0.1/ and obexapp/)
>
> [...]
>
> Instead of trying to fix the compilation yourself, you can leverage
> the work of those who have gone before you by installing the
> comms/openobex port.  In fact, with this software I think that some
> quite significant patching of code is required:
>
>     % cd /usr/ports/comms/openobex
>     % ls files/
>     patch-Makefile.in               patch-src-obex.c
>     patch-aclocal.m4                patch-src-obex.h
>     patch-configure.in              patch-src-obex_const.h
>     patch-ltmain.sh                 patch-src-obex_main.c
>     patch-src-btobex.c              patch-src-obex_transport.h
>     patch-src-netbuf.h

Thanks Matthew for the reply. But, its sad to say that I can't find any
"openobex" ports in my machine.

banao# ls /usr/ports/comms/openobex
ls: /usr/ports/comms/openobex: No such file or directory

I thought of actually using this openobex port but do you know how to find the
ports if its not in the distribution? Im using FreeBSD-5.2 and KDE 3.0. Im
actually searching the web for it but some sites dont have a link to the
files to be downloaded. In case you know where to find the installer that
would really work for FreeBSD-5.2, please send the link to me.

Thanks again!
-edwin