Date:      Mon, 18 Jan 1999 17:17:03 +0100
From:      Gianmarco Giovannelli <gmarco@scotty.masternet.it>
To:        Martin Cracauer <cracauer@cons.org>, multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Hand up on Voodoo1 vs. Voodoo2

At 15.40 18/01/99 +0100, Martin Cracauer wrote:

>If you have a Voodoo Card, please let me know whether it is Voodoo1,
>2, Rush or whatever. I assume there are many more V1 folks around, but
>need proof. Also, nowaday's Xi has OpenGL drivers for other cards, so
>Voodoo isn't the only option now. Anyone did try this with Quake?

I run FreeBSD 3.0-current on a G200 MGA (8mb) with a Monster 3dfx (4mb,
voodoo 1).
I usually use Xacell 4.1.2 -patch 25.
I can test also on a Guillemout Phoenix Banshee , Voodoo 2 with 16mb
onboard which is currently on the win98 box.

>I have some time to work on the 3d-related ports, amoung them
>emulators/linux_glide. This currently installs a Voodoo1-only shared
>library. It doesn't run on a V2 and a V2 lib doesn't run on a
>V1. Nice.

:-) I remember I tried to use 3dfx card on a window in X, with a little
hacking library without success... It's possible to have this in the port
too ?

Best Regards,
Gianmarco Giovannelli (http://www.giovannelli.it/~gmarco)
"Unix expert since yesterday"