Date:      Mon, 13 Nov 2000 17:29:45 -0800 (PST)
From:      John F Cuzzola <vdrifter@ocis.ocis.net>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Kernel config at boot up

Hello Everyone,
On my FreeBSD 4.2 box I'm trying to configure the kernel. Specifically I
need to specify my NICs IRQ/IO in order to get it to work. I interrupt the
normal loader boot process then type:

boot -c kernel

then

>visual

In the visual configuration editor I make the changes, select 'Q'uit and
answer 'Y'es to save changes. Everything works until I reboot the system
and find out that none of the kernel settings changes were saved. What
gives? Any input would be appreciated. Please respond directly to this
email address as I'm not subscribed to the questions list.

Thank You