Date:      Fri, 30 Nov 2001 14:03:36 -0500
From:      dochawk@psu.edu
To:        "Benedikt Schmidt" <s_bschmi@ira.uka.de>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: xf86Config (4.x) for Thinkpad A22m (from A21p)

Benedikt bent,

> Richard E. Hawkins <dochawk@psu.edu> wrote:
> > Anyway, can anyone point me to a working config file?  I can't use xf86cfg,
> > as it doesn't find the ps2 mouse (no /dev/mouse), and if I toss in a
> > symlink, it segfaults.  I've found a linuxcare article about putting
> > suse linux on this model, but they were able to run the config
> > program.

> Did you try "XFree86 -configure". It's pretty good at detecting the
> videocard, but you have to add a valid screen and input device section
> manually.

Uh, no :)  It worked.  It's amazing.  Wow.  I wonder if that will work
on the A21p.

I ended up with something like 909x640 resolution, but I'll take it :)

So far, as far as I know, the only way anyone has X running on the A21p
is by using the A21m config file.  Bizarrely, the 21m is
1400xsomething, but its file produces 1600x1200 (full resolution) on
the p--*unless* you switch the label to reflect that, in which case it
just doesn't work.

Thanks greatly.  I can get back to work now . . .

hawk
CC

--
What part of "non-negotiable" didn't you understand? /"\   ASCII ribbon campaign
dochawk@psu.edu  Smeal 178  (814) 375-4700           \ /   against HTML mail