Date:      Wed, 20 Mar 1996 19:34:36 -0500 (EST)
From:      Chuck Robey <chuckr@Glue.umd.edu>
To:        FreeBSD Questions <FreeBSD-Questions@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   TeX setup

I am in the process of trying out the NoName word processor, which relies
on TeX.  As a first step, I installed the teTeX port, and it seemed to go
off without a hitch.  Trouble is, apparently NoName can't find all the files
involved.  I think this has something to do with the setup and
configuration of the TeX and LaTeX stuff (the teTeX port) but I can't
find out anything on how to configure that.  Seems teTeX has a huge file
hierarchy it installs, and how it's named isn't being communicated to
NoName, so NoName can't figure out how to run LaTeX.

Could someone point me towards any configuration info for TeX or LaTeX,
or maybe teTeX (since it seems to be configured slightly differently than
vanilla Tex/LaTeX, it has a /usr/local/teTeX hierarchy).

I found a texconfig binary, so I tried to set it for my postscript
printer.  Funny, it listed hundreds of different printer options, and not
one of them obviously postscript.

Help!

Chuck Robey chuckr@eng.umd.edu, I run FreeBSD-current on n3lxx + Journey2

Three Accounts for the Super-users in the sky,
  Seven for the Operators in their halls of fame,
Nine for Ordinary Users doomed to crie,
  One for the Illegal Cracker with his evil game
In the Domains of Internet where the data lie.
  One Account to rule them all, One Account to watch them,
  One Account to make them all and in the network bind them.