Date:      Tue, 18 Nov 2003 19:07:09 +0100 (MET)
From:      "Dip Guha" <dguha1@gmx.de>
To:        freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org
Subject:   Question about RS232 interfacing

Hello All,

I am new to this list and am not sure if this is the right place to ask this
question. Nonetheless, I am sure that you computer gurus can provide me some
pointers.

What I am trying to do is this:

I have a camera shutter driver that is connected to COM1 port and a camera
image processing unit that is connected to the parallel (printer) port. I am
interested to control the driver and the image processing unit by writing a
program in a PC that is used as a controller. The PC has Windows 98 installed
in it, and I am using a Turbo C++ 7.0 compiler.

While compiling the program, I am getting an error in dos.h which states
that the following are wrong:

void _Cdecl setvect (int interruptno, void interrupt (*isr()); -> This says
function definition out of place

void interrupt (*_Cdecl getvect(int interruptno)) (); -> the same error here
as well.

I am not sure what exactly the problem is, though I suspect a compiler
mismatch. Can any one of you please let me know what I could do to rectify this
error? Or perhaps provide me some help (or an alternative link) so that I could
get the program working.

Thanks a lot in advance!

Dip

--
GMX Weihnachts-Special: Seychellen-Traumreise zu gewinnen!

Rentier entlaufen. Finden Sie Rudolph! Als Belohnung winken
tolle Preise. http://www.gmx.net/de/cgi/specialmail/