Date:      Wed, 11 Nov 1998 13:34:26 -0800
From:      Mike Smith <mike@smith.net.au>
To:        sthaug@nethelp.no
Cc:        mike@smith.net.au, rminnich@Sarnoff.COM, hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: pcibridge card (really)

> > > I have a dolphin sci card that says it is a bridge. There appears to be
> > > no equivalent to: DATA_SET (pcidevice_set, scisc_device);
> > > for bridges. Other than modifying pcisupport.c is there any way to get
> > > the kernel to probe this card? It's not getting probed now as part of
> > > pci init. because pci thinks it is a bridge.
> >
> > I presume 'sci' means 'scsi'?
>
> No, SCI as in Scalable Coherent Interface. See www.dolphinics.com.

Gotcha. The picture on their web page isn't really big enough, but the
device with the PCI interface doesn't look like any generic bridge
part that I recognise.

Without knowing much about the architecture of the card, I'm slightly
surprised that they'd call it a "bridge"; it seems to be a datagram
mover rather than a reflective memory interface.

Still, my basic comments hold - you should be able to catch it by the
device/vendor ID regardless of class.