Date:      Tue, 20 Jun 2006 10:33:57 +0200
From:      Alexander Leidinger <Alexander@Leidinger.net>
To:        Csaba Henk <csaba-ml@creo.hu>
Cc:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: keeping up with "gnu-libtool -> libtool15"

Quoting Csaba Henk <csaba-ml@creo.hu> (from Tue, 20 Jun 2006 10:08:15 +0200)=
:

> On Tue, Jun 20, 2006 at 09:16:30AM +0200, Alexander Leidinger wrote:
>> Quoting Csaba Henk <csaba-ml@creo.hu> (from Tue, 20 Jun 2006 06:25:37
>> +0000 (UTC)):
>>
>> >  Running libtoolize...
>> >  Running autoreconf...
>> >  configure.in:8: error: possibly undefined macro: AC_PROG_LIBTOOL
>> >        If this token and others are legitimate, please use
>> >        m4_pattern_allow.
>> >        See the Autoconf documentation.
>> >  autoreconf: /usr/local/gnu-autotools/bin/autoconf failed with exit
>> > status: 1
>> >
>> >How to get around this transparently?
>>
>> http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=3Dports/98435
>
> My case is different from that in two respects.
>
> One is that I meet with this issue when using vanilla GNU autotools,
> while you speak about the FreeBSDized versions. That's not that a big

The current FreeBSD version of the autotools and libtool do not =20
contain FreeBSD specific features. So it should be possible to remove =20
the gnu one (I did test the effect of the PR with the cvs version of =20
LAME and the plain autotools we have currently).

> deal, the proposed workaround is easy to adopt:
>
>   echo /usr/local/share/aclocal > \
>     /usr/local/gnu-autotools/share/aclocal-1.9/dirlist
>
> (in fact, I did this before starting this thread).
>
> The second -- which finally defeats me -- is that you report
> an aclocal failure, while I see the error with autoconf.
>
> The dirlist thingy is aclocal specific, and doesn't seem to
> improve the situation with autoconf.

aclocal will generate a file in the development directory. This file =20
is used when autoconf runs. autoconf does not seem to use the m4 files =20
in share/aclocal directly.

Create the dirlist file, run aclocal and then autoconf. I expect that =20
it will work then.

Bye,
Alexander.

--=20
Selling GoodYear Eagle F1 235/40ZR18, 2x 4mm + 2x 5mm, ~130 EUR
you have to pick it up between Germany/Saarland and Luxembourg/Capellen
http://www.Leidinger.net    Alexander @ Leidinger.net: PGP ID =3D B0063FE7
http://www.FreeBSD.org       netchild @ FreeBSD.org  : PGP ID =3D 72077137