Date:      Sat, 24 Feb 2001 22:22:22 -0500
From:      Garance A Drosihn <drosih@rpi.edu>
To:        Steve Roome <steve@sse0691.bri.hp.com>, hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: bin/22124,  a patch to pciconf

At 3:49 PM +0000 2/15/01, Steve Roome wrote:
>Is there any chance someone could take a look at the patch
>I supplied for pciconf and perhaps let me have some feedback
>on it?
>
>It's just to clean up the output a little and add the ability
>to identify better any non supported chipsets. I thought that
>this would be helpful when trying to install FreeBSD and not
>knowing which devices were which.
>
>I'm sure someone will tell me they don't like the way it's
>done and I could put the data in tables instead of switch
>statements, but whatever, just wondered if there was a chance
>of some feedback on it?

Were there any replies to this?  The PR looks plausibly
helpful to me, but I don't do any work in the pciconf
area to say if it should be done some other way.  I do
like the idea of having the option of printing out info
as "real words" (when known), instead of just a bunch of
numbers that the user is supposed to understand the
significance of...