Date:      Mon, 10 Nov 2003 10:02:41 -0800
From:      Peter Losher <plosher-keyword-freebsd.a36e57@plosh.net>
To:        questions@freebsd.org, hardware@freebsd.org
Subject:   Rocketport (rp0) mapping failure on 5.1-REL

I am installing a RocketPort PCI card into a Acer Altos system; the box
was originally running Linux, slapping on FreeBSD 5.1 on the box, the
system throws up this error when trying to attach the RP card:

-=-
rp0: <RocketPort PCI> port 0x5400-0x54ff,0x5000-0x507f mem
0xed8ffc00-0xed8ffc7f irq 11 at device 2.0 on pci1
rp0: ioaddr mapping failed for RocketPort(PCI).
device_probe_and_attach: rp0 attach returned 6
-=-

Has anyone ever seen such an error, and if so, how did you get around it?
(I haven't been able to find anything via Google)  From what I have been
told, the card came up cleanly when the box was running Linux.

Best Wishes - Peter
--
[ http://www.plosh.net/ ] - "Resident Kalifornian"