Date:      Fri, 22 Jul 2005 09:02:58 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Gerald Pfeifer <gerald@pfeifer.com>
To:        Steve Watt <steve@Watt.COM>
Cc:        ports@FreeBSD.org, patrick_dkt@yahoo.com.hk
Subject:   Re: gcc34 missing gcj?

On Thu, 21 Jul 2005, Steve Watt wrote:
>} gcj was axed from gcc34 port recently. please use gcc40 or gcc41 instead
> Thanks for that.  The pkg-descr should probably say something to that
> effect.

I just fixed that; thanks for the hint.

> So the next place is print/pdftk, which tries to install gcc34 to get gjc34...
> pehaps the obvious hack on the port Makefile will do the right thing.

This is indeed the only port affected.  I have been in contact with its
maintainer, but he reported problems going to gcc40.

If someone wants to use GCJ on FreeBSD, I strongly recommend to use the
lang/gcc41 port these days.  Does this work for you and print/pdftk Steve,
Patrick?

Gerald